The case material for this project is solid superconductor. Superconductor is a blanket term for the family of materials that offer no resistance to an electrical current. Traditionally superconductors are used in applications where transferring massive amounts of electrical energy is required, for example, MRI machines, particle accelerators and even nuclear reactors.
There are many variations and types of superconducting materials but in this instance we are dealing with a copper-niobium variation. The superconductor we have used for this collaboration is comprised of a tight orientation of silver metal and copper housing. There is a fantastically organised network of honeycomb aesthetic. However, when angles and curves are introduced to the metal a brilliant high-tech woodgrain array is revealed. You can expose the finished superconductor piece to a special acid that will eat away the copper but leave the niobium structure untouched. This gives a highly dramatic, skeletonised effect with unrivalled contrast.”George Bamford, Founder, Bamford Watch Department
- Type – Automatic El Primero column-wheel chronograph
- Movement – El Primero 400B Automatic, 31 jewels, 326 components, 36,000 VpH, (5 Hz)
- Power Reserve – min 50 hours
- Function – Self-winding El Primero column-wheel chronograph. Small seconds at 9 o’clock. Tachymetric scale. Date indication at 6 o’clock. Chronograph with – central chronograph seconds hand; 12-hour counter at 6 o’clock; 30 minute counter at 3 o’clock
- Case Material :Copper Niobium Superconductor
- Case diameter – 42 mm
- Case thickness-13 mm
- Case-Back- Sapphire crystal
- Water Resistance- 100m / 10 ATM
- Lug Width- 21 mm
- Strap Material: Genuine suede leather in black with gold contrast stitch
- Dial: Black dial with gold accents. Sub dials and tachymeter. Hands with Super-Luminova
Available to order online at https://www.bamfordwatchdepartment.com
Limited Edition of 20 pieces.