We all know that cartoon characters have been used by watch manufacturers over the years, perhaps most popular being Mickey Mouse dating from the 1930’s.
What people may not realise is that another iconic cartoon character, Popeye, was created at a similar time (1929). Popeye’s 90th anniversary is being celebrated by Bamford’s, 50-piece limited edition watch created in collaboration with King Features.
This unique timepiece features an eye-catching navy and white colour scheme that commemorates Popeye’s time in the Navy before he joined the Coast Guard in 1937.
It also includes a mandatory ‘tin of spinach’ and selection of stickers which add to the ‘retro feel’ of the offering. This has all the features of the original Bamford London GMT with a Swiss Made automatic Sellita SW330-1 movement and 24-hour GMT hand function, allowing users to set a home time zone when travelling.
• Type – Automatic GMT watch with internal rotating bezel
• Movement – Sellita SW330-1, 25 Jewels, 28,800 Vph, 42 hour power reserve
• Function – Self winding mechanism with ball bearing, 3 O’Clock date position with quick date setting, second time zone by central hand
• Case Material – 316L grade stainless steel, Sapphire Crystal glass with antiglare
• Case diameter – 40mm
• Case thickness- 11.2mm
• Caseback material- Stainless Steel
• Water Resistance- 100m / 10 ATM
• Lug Width- 20mm
For more information please visit http://www.bamfordlondon.com