That feeling of excitement experienced when you open the box to view your latest Watch is thrilling, but have you ever thought about the design and manufacturing process – probably not!
Well we do. We recently met with the team at Sony DADC, a world class end-to-end supply chain solutions provider to the Home Entertainment and Consumer Electronics Industries. So how is this connected to Watches? Most recently their creative packaging solutions team announced that they were to focus on the Watch industry to offer their services and solutions.
Customers around the globe rely on them and the scale of their global network, manufacturing and distribution facilities, which enable them to quickly respond to customer’s individual demands. Although this is a completely new industry for Sony DADC, their core competences in special packaging solutions are easily transferable and adaptable to the packing of Watches, as the requirements are comparable to the entertainment industry.
Sony DADC are already working with a number of Watch brands and have recently produced packaging and display units for Fortis:-
- Comprehensive review of their current packaging
- Recommendations for enhancing design (improved look & feel for the customer, but still complying to all their CI and style guides)
- Created prototypes in the Far East for their review
- Upon approval, they sourced their products and imported them to the distribution centre in EU
- Quality tests carried out
- Bulks of units shipped to their logistic centre in Switzerland on demand (whenever they need a restock)
The watch packaging looks great and are better quality than the boxes from our previous supplier. We are looking forward to the next project with Sony DADC! Actually we are working together on a proper display for the POS.” Andreas Bentele, Sales & Marketing Director, FORTIS Uhren AG
Overall, Sony DADC achieved a far superior product offering by reducing costs and time for Fortis and providing them more flexibility for restocking. With this first demonstrable success, they are keen to continue to offer their packaging and display services to new clients in the Watch industry.
If you are looking to reduce costs, then please visit www.sonydadc.com/solutions/packaging/ for more information.